This service is provided for anyone with inserted urinary catheter due to urinary retention. The catheter will be extracted, you will be given time to drink and urinate. Then the bladder volume will be calculated to see if your bladder is empty. If your bladder volume is above the recommended level, or if you were unable to urinate, a new catheter will be placed.
PROSTATE ENLARGEMENT or benign prostate hyperplasia is a common condition that is associated with aging. It is estimated that 60% of men who are 60 years of age or over, have
some degree of prostate enlargement.
If the prostate becomes enlarged, it can places pressure on bladder and urethra. This can cause symptoms that affect urination (passing urine when going to the toilet). These include:
- difficulties starting urination,
- a frequent need to urinate, and
- difficulty emptying the bladder fully.
Symptoms can range from mild to severe.
In our dedicated 'Prostate Clinic', the following tests/exams will be done:
• Filling a questionnaire
• Physical examination which includes: Digital Rectal
• Ultrasound of Kidneys, Prostate, and urinary bladder
• Measurement of Prostate size by ultrasound.
• Post-void residual urine scan.
• Kidney function blood test
• PSA blood test (for Prostate cancer), and calculation of
PSAD (An important test to differentiate
between prostate enlargement and
• Discussion of life-style changes.
• Discussion of medical, and surgical
treatment if needed.
This clinic is for Prostate enlargement and Prostate cancer screening.
For more info about benign prostate enlargement click here